MyShiftPlanner includes a Cloud Backup service you can use to back up your data, and can be used to copy your calendar to another device (such as if you have an iPhone and iPad and would like to keep them in sync).
To use this service, you need to register with a valid email address* from within the MyShiftPlanner app. Once you’ve done this, you can backup and restore as often as you like.
Getting set up is really easy:
- Tap on the menu button in the top-left corner of the screen
- Tap on “Backup/Restore Data“
- A menu will appear – if this is the first time, tap on “Configure“, otherwise you can directly back up or restore from here too
- The Backup Settings screen appears. Tap Turn On Backups to show all the configuration settings
- Enter your email address and a password (at least 6 characters, including a number, symbol, and capital letter)
- Tap Register if you don’t already have an account or Login if you do
Once you’ve successfully registered or logged in, you can back up or restore from in this screen too using the buttons at the bottom.
Please note: Once you have an account, your data is automatically backed every seven days. However, if you turn off the Auto-Sync option your data will not be backed up each time you make a change. You’ll need to remember to use the Backup option in the menu after making changes to make sure your backups are the latest.
* Note: The email address must be a real one as it’s used if you forget your password. However, we’re very passionate about security and our user’s peace of mind so will never pass your email address to anyone else. We just use it to secure your MyCloud account, send password reset emails if you need us to, and optionally (you choose this) add you to our newsletter to send occasional news about on new features, hints, tips and tutorials that might be of interest to you.