v.5.3 – Let’s Get Testing!
Our new v5.3 is a big update containing a lot of internal changes, bug fixes, performance improvements and great new features from our user’s feedback.
To help us get this ready for public release we’d like to offer our Beta Testing community early access to this in exchange for feedback on the update and help testing the new features. If you’re already requested to be part of the v5.3 Beta then the great news is that it’s ready to download!
But first… here’s what we’ve added to v5.3:
- Multiple Shifts Per Day
You can now use the + button in the main screen to add multiple shifts to a day
- Custom Icons for Shifts
Add your own icons to a day using the “Icons” option in the + button menu
- Overtime Before and After a Shift
Add 2 different sets of overtime to each shift and track them through the Work Time Report
- Easier Pattern Setup
Pattern setup has been simplified to make it even easier to use
- Updated Widgets
Updated Home Screen/Today widget to show multiple overtimes and custom icons
- Fixes, Refinements and Speed Improvements
Lots of bug fixes and refinements throughout
We’ve also been doing some work on editing and cutting out older code in the app to make it run faster.
Hopefully you’ll notice a speed difference, particularly on older devices.
As always, if you have problems, notice any issues at all, or want to give us your feedback, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Thanks again for all your help in keeping MyShiftPlanner the best shift working app on the stores!
What to do next
You’ll receive an email from us as soon as each Beta Update is ready to download.
IMPORTANT: BACK UP YOUR DATA!
If you haven’t already done so, back up your data in your MyShiftPlanner app before installing the beta updates!
The risk of anything going wrong is low but this is still a TEST version so we can’t guarantee your shift data won’t be affected in this update. To make sure we can recover your data in the event of problems, make sure you’ve created a backup as described here:
Installing Beta Versions
Apple Devices (iPhone or iPad)
** If you’re an existing Beta Test Community User, and still have TestFlight install, you can skip straight to step 6!
- Go onto the App Store and download an app called TestFlight from Apple – https://apps.apple.com/gb/app/testflight/id899247664
- You will have received an email from Apple inviting you to join the test. Let us know if you don’t get it (it can take some time to come through!)
- Click or tap on the link in the email saying, “Open in TestFlight”
- If you tap on the link on your phone, it’ll take you straight into TestFlight and do everything for you
- If not, just open the TestFlight app, tap Invite Code in the top corner of the screen and enter the code you see when you click on the link in the email.
- You’ll see MyShiftPlanner is on the list of apps shown in the TestFlight app. Just tap on the Install button and it’ll download it over the top of your current version
For Android Devices
- Recommended: On your phone/tablet, tap on the following link to go to the Play Store page:
- Other Option: If you aren’t viewing this page on your phone/tablet, you need to open your web browser on your device and type the above link into the address bar exactly as it appears.
- If you’ve never tested for us before, it will ask you to confirm you’re happy to do so after which you’ll be taken to the download page.
- Download the MyShiftPlanner update. It will replace the one you have installed but won’t lose your data!
- In future, you will automatically receive beta updates in the same way you do other app updates.
If you have any problems downloading the app or with the instructions, please email us for assistance at: email@example.com