We provide 14+ different shift types which cover the most common ones, but they’re fully customisable so can easily be changed.
1. Tap on the calendar menu icon in the top-right corner of the screen
2. Tap on the Customise Your Shifts option at the bottom of the menu
3. You’ll be taken to a list of all shift types in the app. To change one, tap on it.
4. For all shift types, you can change the shift name and “show as” (how it appears in the calendar), the colour, the default start/finish times for that shift and whether you can to use it at all or not
5. Tap on the Back button (at the top-left of the screen) when you’re done and it’ll instantly change
You can also add your own custom shifts using the + button within the same menu.
Can I add more shifts than those listed?
Yes! Just use the + button within the Customise Your Shifts area of the app.
Can I remove any extra ones I don’t use? It clutters up the Shift Picker!
Absolutely! To hide a shift type, customise the shift as described above and tick the Hide This Shift option.
It’ll stay in the customisation menu if you want to use it in future, but will be hidden everywhere else.
My shift normally starts at the same time, but as a one-off it’ll start earlier. How do I put that into MyShiftPlanner?
This is really easy to do. First, customise your shifts as described above and set the normal start/finish times against each shift type (e.g. 09:00 – 17:00 for the day shift).
When you’re back in the calendar, tap on the day that starts differently to select it, tap on the Edit Notes button at the top of the screen to see the Day Properties screen.
In here you’ll see the start and finish times for your shift which you can change. Any changes to the times only affect this particular day.