Last Updated: 14th March 2023
Who we are
- MyShiftPlanner product
- MyShiftManager product
- Our websites
These products are owned and operated by MyBuzz Technologies Ltd, a company registered in England and Wales with Company Number 09195923, registered at Beehive Lofts, Beehive Mill, Manchester, M4 6JG, United Kingdom.
Our Data Protection Officer and Data Controller is: Chris Pimlott. You can contact us at:
By Post: MyBuzz Technologies Ltd 2 Mount Street Manchester M2 5WQ United Kingdom
Or by Email: email@example.com
What we collect, and what is Personal Data?
Personal data (or personal information) refers to information about an individual from which that person can be identified. This does not include data from which personal identifiable information has been removed (known as anonymous data).
We will collect, store and use the following categories of information during your use of our products or services, including enquiry and support interactions:
- Contact Data – such as phone, address or email details.
- Identity Data – such as first name, last name, title, employee number
- Usage Data – such as features or functions used within the product, access to screens, dialogs or pages of the products or website.
- Technical Data – such as IP address, authentication credentials used, browser type, country of use, timezone and approximate location. We may also collect error reports, crash logs and activity data from your app or device to support you with incidents, problems or requests.
- Anonymous Aggregated Data – this is data that may have been derived from the other data above but with all personal data removed, so you could not be identified from it. Examples of this are summary reports of how many users have used a particular feature. This data is not considered as personal data by law so may be retained for an indefinite amount of time for our internal purposes.
Your privacy is important to us, as is your trust that we will keep the data you provide safe and secure. We are a UK based company and comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) which ensures we follow strict rules as to what data we collect, how we store and process it and when we delete it from our systems.
The key protections of GDPR law are:
- Your data must be used lawfully and in a transparent way so you are always aware of how your data is being used and for what purpose.
- We can only collect data we need to provide the services you choose from us.
- We can only keep your data for as long as necessary for the purposes you agreed to allow us to have it. Unless we have a legal instruction to do otherwise, you can delete your account, all activity and data from our systems at any time.
- The data we store related to you must be kept up-to-date and remain accurate, and securely stored.
Full details of GDPR law, the requirements we must adhere to and your rights, can be found on the official ICO website here.
What we use your data for?
Your personal data is collected through use of our products to provide the features and services we offer, or during engagements with us that you initiate. We collect a mixture of mandatory and optional data about you and your team (as appropriate). Whether data is optional or mandatory is made clear at each point of the product.
The personal data we collect:
During Use of MyShiftPlanner:
- Your email address as a unique login for your account.
- Your name if you choose to provide it.
- Your employers name if you choose to provide it.
- Your employee number if you choose to provide it.
- Your country of use so we can provide the correct public holidays and other country-specific customization.
- Email address of others you have chosen to share with, which is used to provide the sharing feature to that person.
- To provide account-related service emails, such as your welcome email to confirm account creation, trial period updates, password reset emails, notice of account auto-deletion after 6 months and similar.
During use of MyShiftManager:
- Your email address as a unique login for your account
- Your full name
- Your company name (for your account)
- The full name and email address of each of your team members that you wish to enrol into the MyShiftManager product.
- Your country and timezone to configure the product correctly for your use.
- To provide account-related service emails, such as notice of account creation, trial period updates, password reset emails, notice of account auto-deletion after 6 months and similar.
- To provide optional help emails with useful hints, guides and advice you may find useful while using the product.
- If you sign up for our newsletter, your name and email will be stored for the purposes of sending you the newsletter until you choose to unsubscribe.
- If you opt-in to analytics: Crash information if something goes wrong (even if you don’t see the problem yourself).
- If you opt-in to analytics: Make, model and OS of your device so we can investigate problems.
- If you opt-in to analytics: The country the app is being used to help us understand our user base better.
- If you send us an enquiry or support request, we will collect your name, email address and optionally phone number in order to respond to your request and assist you.
During your use of our product, we may send occasional correspondence to you to help you to better use our product. This may include hints, tips, links to helpful guides or advice on how we feel you may get more from the product or features relevant to you.
The correspondence will always be send from us, and we never provide your details to third parties. You can opt out of receiving each type of correspondence at any time.
What is mandatory and how does that affect you?
If you choose to use our services, we will require certain information from you which will be made clear at that point of registering or using the product/feature. If you choose not to provide the required information, we will be unable to provide our services to you.
For example, we use a valid email address as your username. This is required to create your account and secure it to you, so if you choose not to provide your email address at the time it is needed, you won’t be able to create an account or use our services.
When you interact with our product or our support teams, we may automatically collect technical details about you, your device, browser or activities within the product. This information is kept for only as long as your support incident or request is active and will only be used to help us to support you effectively.
If instructed and required by a legal authority, we may need to store your details for longer than described in this document, or in a way that differs. This will only be done when necessary to comply with local law and is within the legal bounds of the GDPR regulations.
We may also be required to retain your personal information in the following rare situations:
- If instructed to by a legal authority to assist in an active legal case which it relates to.
- To assist in a security incident that we are investigating during that time.
Who we share your data with
Nobody. Your data is your property and we will keep it secure while you wish to use our app or services but can be deleted at any time from within the User Profile screen on the app.
This is also applicable to all data we store about others (e.g. team members) that you input into the product to use our services. This is only available to you and the other members of your team to the extent required to provide that functionality.
How long we retain your data
Once sign up to our app, your data will be stored for up to 6 months so you can come back at any time. If you continue to use the product, your data is stored indefinitely.
After 6 months of inactivity, we will mark your account all its data for automatic deletion and inform you of this by email. If you do not use the product within a further 30 days, all data is irretrievably deleted from our systems.
If you choose to, you can Delete your account using the option in the User Profile screen, which is available from the app menu. This will delete all your requests, any ideas sent to you from those you send requests to, your account and all related information. This has also been provided as part of our compliance with the right to be forgotten requirements.
What rights you have over your data
Your data is yours and we will store it in order to provide the services of our app to you and those you interact with. At any time you can choose to delete your account which will remove your account and your personal data from our servers unless we are required to retain it to comply with government or legal authorities.
You can also make a direct request to us by email or in writing to erase your personal data and account, which we will action within 2 working days for you. You also have the right to request a document showing what data we store about you. This is referred to as a Subject Access Request and must be done in writing by email or letter. All subject access requests will be responded to within 7 working days and may incur a small administration fee of £10 (or the equivalent in your country’s currency).
If you wish to have your data exported or removed, please contact our customer care team at: firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to assist.
Removing your data
We will only use your personal information as dictated by law, to provide the services you signed up for or requested us to perform for you.
If you choose to stop using the product you can delete your account and all associated data at any time, or request us to do so for you which we will do within 2 working days of your request.
The Delete Account facility is within the User Profile area of the product.
We will also automatically delete your account within 6 months if we detect that you have stopped using our services but not deleted your account. This is referred to as account abandonment.
Where we store your data
At time of this policy, all cloud-based data is stored encrypted on Microsoft’s servers in UK data centres. If you are using the app in a different country, your data will be sent into the UK and stored in those data centres. Please contact us before creating your account if you require a different data storage location to comply with your local data laws.
For MyShiftPlanner, if you choose not to create an account and use the app standalone, no personal data is transmitted from your device. All personal data is stored exclusively on the device itself.
Our Contact information
The data controller is:
Chris Pimlott MyBuzz Technologies Ltd 2 Mount Street Manchester M2 5WQ United Kingdom
If you would like to contact us, please do so in writing or by email to: