What are Open Shifts?
Open Shifts are shifts that have not been assigned to anyone yet.
You can add shifts to the Open Shifts row before they are assigned to any of your workforce.
Any shifts unassigned from a member of your workforce automatically go into the Open Shifts row
Assigning Open Shifts
Shifts that appear in the Open Shifts row need to be assigned to one of your workforce. There are three ways to do this.
- Right Click on the open to see quick options. Assign to one of your team
- Click on the open shift to edit the details and assign to one of your team or to multiple people
- Add the same shift type to an available member of your workforce for that day. It will automatically add the open shift
Once you unassign a shift from one of your team members, it automatically appears in the Open Shifts row.
To unassign a shift:
- Right Click on the shift in the calendar to see quick options. Unassign the shift from a team member
- Click on the shift type to edit the details and remove people from the shift
Leave and Non-Working Events are not added to the Open Shifts row.
You can also see your daily Open Shifts in the Dashboard tab